Software Development Kit
SDK is an essential extension for TGFS RISC-V RTL customers, but also helpful for anyone else developing SW for RISC-V.
- A flexible DBT-RISE based RISC-V Instruction Set Simulator with multiple backends for different performance requirements. The ISS is verified against RTL and thus very accurately emulates the TGC core. ISS offers faster simulation speed and better debugging capabilities compared to RTL.
- BSP contains a toolchain including compiler, linker and debugger, hardware-specific drivers and other routines that allow a RTOS to function in a TGF hardware environment. Furthermore, BSP provides some examples and benchmarks.
RTL model is too slow to be used for software development and verification. A fast instruction accurate model is provided to start the FW development without waiting for Silicon. A compiler, linker and TGF HW drivers are availble to enable software execution on the TGC core. An additional software layer (HAL) is provided to enable an RTOS on TGC.
BSP is required to bring the TGC hardware up and running. BSP is not just HW drivers and the toolchain, it also provides customer testbench with examples and thus significantly simplifies integration in the customer environment.
With the ISS the customer gets the following additional possibilities:
- Architecture exploration
- FW development based on ISS
- Test team can use ISS in continuous integration to ensure high quality of firmware at all times.
- Coverage plugins in the ISS give the possibility to determine FW coverage without Source Code instrumentation.
SDK enables shift left in product development through early FW development and verification.